Sunday, May 10, 2009

Chocolate Birthday C*O*W



This week is a chocolate birthday cake for someone I don't know - my husband requested one for work. It's a boxacana, but I did make the chocolate frosting from scratch. I just love Hershey's recipe! It is my go-to.

As mentioned a week or 2 ago, I also make a birthday cake for my friend Rhonda. She requested lemon cake with "wedding cake icing". You know - the surgary buttercream icing most people don't like - however, we both love it. I made fresh lemon filling, but I am afraid it is going to dissolve into the cake. Ir seemed a little runny to me, but boy did it taste good! I am ashamed of the way the cake looks - very amaturish, but, I'm an amature, so you get what you pay for, I guess. I am posting a lilttle size picture in hopes of saving myself a little embarrasment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me feedback!