Sunday, May 4, 2014

Caramel Apple Bars

Caramel Apple Bars
Caramel Apple Bars today in the Edible Delectables Kitchen. I've made these twice before - I love them! I got them from a blog named InsideBruCrewLife. They go together quickly, but I'm still not convinced a 9x13 size pan is right for them. A 9x9 would be too small, so I may use my Perfect Slice brownie pan next time. it is an odd size somewhere in between those two.
Don't let that stop you from trying them, though!

Ingredients:
1 spice cake mix
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup apple cider
1 cup chopped walnuts
2 cups diced apples
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup caramel apple dip
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons water

Instructions:
Combine the cake mix, butter, and apple cider until it forms a soft dough. Press half the dough into the bottom of a 9x13 pan that has been sprayed with non stick spray.
Spread the caramel dip over the dough in the pan. Sprinkle with the walnuts, apples, and white chocolate chips. Drop the rest of the dough over the top of the mixture in the pan. Try to drop small pieces evenly everywhere. Bake at 350* for 25 minutes. Let cool.
Stir together the powdered sugar and the water. Drizzle over the top of the bars. Let set. Cut into 24 squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me feedback!