Monday, July 20, 2009

German Chocolate C*O*W


I had several people suggest that I make a German Chocolate cupcake - so I did. And I'm glad I did - I LOVE the frosting! All from scratch - toasted pecans, toasted coconut and flaked coconut. The cake has German's sweet chocolate grated and added to the batter. I slpit them and put a layer of coconut pecan frosting and topped that with a layer of chocolate frosting, added the top half of the cake, and topped that with more coconut pecan frosting, a burst of chocolate frosting and a chocolate fudge fondant heart. These remind me of the Girls Scout cookies called Samoas. Dee-licious!

I decided to pack these individually in cups to prevent the layers from sliding off each other. I even made little flavor labels for the cups. Here they are, all line up and ready to go . . .

What my friends thought . . .

Fred said: "This one is now officially #2 after the Pineapple Upside-down COW"
Rhonda: "This is my 2nd favorite, after the Bananna-Rama" (I agree!)
Nousha and Laila: "This is definitely our favorite of all times!!"
Nancy thought it was one of the best desserts she'd had.

I think more people have loved this one than any of the others! The addition of the chocolate frosting was what put it over the top, I think. Definitely rich and decadant!

3 comments:

  1. I am lucky to say that I work with your husband, you have outdone yourself the German Chocolate are Great - no I just can't say great they are sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! I am so glad to hear from you, and glad you like them!! I think they are my second favorite - the bananna ones are my top favorite so far.
    You never know what I'll come up with for next week!
    Thanks for the nice comments . . .dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dee! You make these look like they belong on a plate from a very expensive restaurant! Great job. I only wish I could taste it!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me feedback!