Sunday, August 16, 2009

Strawberry Field C*O*W

After not baking COWs for 2 weeks, I sort of struggled with what to do this week. I wanted to use my strawberry filling, so that pretty much made the decision simple.
So, I present to you this week's COW. Strawberry cake with strawberry filling piled high with vanilla buttercream icing. Sort of simple, but there you go!
I am liking these Debbie Meyer pans less and less with each use. Even with lowering my baking temp to 325 degrees, they still seem to burn the bottoms! I am convinced it is the dark surface of the pans. If I could only get the indentation gizmo to fit other pans, I'd be a happy baker.

3 comments:

  1. I have used that pan probably a dozen times and my cupcakes always come out fine on the bottom. Could it be where you are putting them in the oven. Are you putting the pan in too low. Just a thought since myself and my friends who have the pan have never had a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw those pans mentioned on another blog (I don't remember the name - it was a mom blog) and she had the same trouble! I can't see using it - seems silly when I can just use the little corer(?) thing - a small metal tube- that I got at hobby lobby for a buck fifty. I just stick it into the top of the cake with a twist and it cuts a perfect hole in... Just like that pan but cheaper and without the hassle. Anyway - I'm enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes - I'm with you! I love kitchen gadgets so I had to give them a try, but ultimately, the corer or a really large round cake tip work just as well, if not better. I definitly am not liking these dark pans

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me feedback!