Friday, February 5, 2010

Peach Crunch Cake

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!!! If you thought the Ultimate Coffee Cake was fast, easy and delicious, wait until you try this! Personally, I like this one even better. Boxacana, no-prep baking at its best. Only 5 ingredients, very little measuring, and NO mixing! So without further ado, here's the recipe:

Peach Crunch Cake
(recipe courtesy of Bakerella)
One can or jar of sliced peaches in light syrup (29 oz)
One box yellow cake mix
One stick of butter
One cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Dump can of peaches, syrup and all, into a 9 x 13 baking dish
Sprinkle dry cake mix over the top, covering peaches
Cut butter into 16 slices and arrange on top of the cake mix layer
Sprinkle brown sugar on top of the butter layer
Top with chopped walnuts
Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes.
Enjoy warm with ice cream, room temp, or cold!

the layered look

My comments:
I used store brand peaches in pear juice.
I cut the peach slices in half once they were in the baking pan. It was easier to distribute them more evenly, and made it easier to dish up to serve.
I am sure I used way more than 1/2 cup nuts! (But I LOVE nuts!)
I tasted this warm from the oven - delicious! I refrigerated it overnight. I planned to dish it out and warm it up before serving, but couldn't resist the tempting mound of peach goodness begging me to taste it. So - I did! I think I prefer it cold, actually. The ingredients (mainly the butter, I'm sure!) firmed up and really made this crunchy. A lot more texture than when it is warm.
Also - I'm thinking . . . I bet canned apple, cherry or blueberry pie filling might work, too??

If you try this please leave me a comment and let me know what you thought.
~ enjoy! ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me feedback!