Monday, May 10, 2010

Lemon Cupcakes with Candied Lemon Peel

~ Happy Birthday, Rhonda! ~
Like last year, Rhonda picked her favorite flavor for her birthday. Lemon cake with wedding-cake frosting. I took the liberty of making fresh lemon curd from scratch to use as a filling, and I also made candied lemon peel for garnish. I love the lemon curd - I could eat that straight. And the candied lemon peel was easy and tasty too. I baked the cake using a Wilton recipe. Very odd texture to this cake, but a good flavor. I added 1/3 cup lemon zest to it so it would be sure to be lemony. Success! Great lemon flavor, but I am still trying to find a scratch cake that I am happy with the texture of. At least no one minds that I am practicing! And I have another year to perfect the lemon recipe. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me feedback!