Saturday, April 18, 2009

Chocolate Caramel C*O*W


This week's COW is a Hershey's Chocolate Caramel cupcake. A little bit of the center of this lucious chocolate cake is scooped out and then filled with homemade caramel, and chocolate bits, which get all all melty and gooey. Then I frosted them with a generous swirl of homemade Hershey's chocolate frosting, and sprinkled with sugar. YUM!

Very time consuming, about 3 hours! The caramel was fussy. It was a recipe from the old Not Bashful About Butter blog, and I am sure there was an error on the instructions. The blog no longer exixts - so I did my best! It tasted good, more like an Almond Roca toffee taste than caramel, but I liked that part. It was just a strange consistency.

I made a double batch of "Hershey's Perfect Chocolate Frosting" so I could frost liberally, and still could have used more.

So, they are packed up for sharing tomorrow with 2 offices . . . we'll see how these rate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me feedback!