Sunday, July 21, 2013

Whoopie Pie Cupcakes

Whoopie Pie Cupcakes
This week's treat! Very moist chocolate cupcake, filled with a classic whoopie pie marshmallow filling. Topped off with Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate homemade frosting. I ended up layering the centers of the cored out cupcakes in a little jar, with the extra marshmallow filling and chocolate frosting. I think I like that presentation even better. A deconstructed whoopie in a jar. I think I may make them for some Christmas gifts.
Use your favorite chocolate cake recipe. I'm including the recipes for the filling and frosting.
 
Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Frosting

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency.
Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. About 2 cups frosting.
 
Classic Whoopie Pie Marshmallow Filling
 
1/2 cup butter
1 cup confectioner's sugar
1 cup marshmallow fluff (a little more than half of a 7oz jar)
1 teaspoon vanilla
 
In a medium bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat together the butter, sugar, marshmallow fluff, and vanilla, until light and fluffy. Using a pastry bag, fill cupcakes, the frost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me feedback!